This recipe for air fryer pears is quick and easy and it takes your desserts up a notch! Elegant yet simple, baked pears are full of great flavor and it uses fresh fruit, so while it seems decadent it is a healthy alternative to a lot of desserts out there.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
It’s not always easy to find the time to make something special, which is why I love this recipe. It’s an elegant dessert that is deceptively easy to make, and cooks quickly in the air fryer.
The sugar caramelizes slightly in the air fryer, giving the pears a beautiful, glossy sheen, and creates a beautify caramel sauce in the pan for serving. They’re just as good as oven baked pears, but quicker!
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer pear recipe, or read on for all the details.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how few ingredients is uses:
- Pears (obviously)
- Sugar and
- Two spices – cinnamon and nutmeg
…and that’s it. Five ingredients, or just four if you use pre-mixed spice 😄.
First melt the butter in a baking pan while you preheat your air fryer.
Prepare the pears. You can peel them and remove the stems if you like, but I often just give them a wash and pat them dry. Scoop out the core with a small spoon.
When the butter has melted, add the sugar and spice to the pan, and stir it to combine, then place the pears into the baking pan cut side down and spoon some of the butter mixture over them.
Air fry the pears for around 10 minutes until the are tender. Then flip them over and give them another few minutes to caramelize the sugar on the flat side of the pears.
Serve the air fried pears with the sauce from the pan poured over them, or add extra caramel sauce if you have it. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat baked pears in the air fryer , place pears in a small baking dish and air fry at 320°F/ 160°C for 3-4 minutes until warmed through. Alternatively microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.
Air Fryer Pears Recipe Card
How to bake pears in an air fryer.
- 2 pears
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Add butter to an 8 inch baking dish and place in your air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320°F/ 160°C.
- Halve pears and remove and core with a small spoon [Note 1].
- When the air fryer finishes preheating, add the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Place the pear halves cut side down into the butter spice mixture. Spoon some of the mixture over the top of the pear halves.
- Air fry at 320°F/ 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Flip the pears over so they are cut side up, spoon some of the melted butter mixture over the pears.
- Air fry pears for 2-4 more minutes to slightly caramelize the tops.
- To serve, drizzle with "caramel sauce" remaining in the pan and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or yogurt on the side.
- Peel pears and remove stem if preferred.
You may also like:
- Air fryer apple cobbler
- Air fryer brownies
- Air fryer banana bread
- Air fryer blueberry cobbler
- Air fryer zucchini muffins
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!
Welcome to Love Food Not Cooking!
I’m Eliza, busy mom, home cook, and blogger. My goal is to help everyone cook good food. Whether you are short on time, skills, or motivation, there is something here for you! We have dozens of quick and easy recipes for dinner, lunch, side dishes, and more. Our recipes use everyday ingredients, for quick delicious meals your family will love! Read more…