Quick and easy to make, this fragrant Instant Pot coconut rice is the perfect side dish to many meals, from the Caribbean to southeast-Asia.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Pressure Release: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
How to cook coconut rice in an Instant Pot.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Rinse 1 cup of Basmati rice under running water using a mesh sieve. This removes the fine layer of starch on the outside of the grains preventing them from sticking together.
- Place Basmati rice, 1 cup of water, and ½ cup coconut milk into the Instant Pot inner pot. Ensure that no grains remain stuck to the edge of the pot.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 4 minutes at high pressure, by pressing 'pressure cook', and selecting 4 minutes using the '-' button.
- When the time is up, allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes (using the keep warm function). After this time you can press cancel and use quick release to finish depressurizing before opening the Instant Pot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g