Did you know you can make boiled eggs in the air fryer? Whether you like them hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or perfectly in-between, check out this recipe for air fryer boiled eggs for a quick and easy way to prepare this protein-packed snack.
Why you’ll love this recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook boiled eggs, then making them in your air fryer is the way to go. Here are a few reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- Quick and Easy: Air fryer boiled eggs take only a few minutes to prepare and cook, making them a great option for busy mornings or when you need a quick snack.
- Consistent Results: With air fryer boiled eggs, you can achieve consistent results every time. The eggs cook evenly and come out perfectly cooked, with no overcooked or undercooked yolks.
- Hands-off method: Unlike traditional boiling on the stovetop, you don’t have to worry about monitoring the pot or setting a timer. The air fryer does all the work for you, so you can focus on other tasks in the kitchen or simply relax while your eggs cook.
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer boiled eggs recipe, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Before you start cooking your boiled eggs in an air fryer, make sure you have the following items:
- An air fryer
- A dozen eggs (or however many you want to cook). If possible, use room-temperature eggs, rather than ones fresh from the fridge, as they will cook more evenly.
- A bowl of iced water
- A pair of tongs
How to cook boiled eggs in the air fryer
Making boiled eggs in an air fryer is very quick and easy to do, there are just a few key steps to getting it just right.
- Preheat air fryer to 275°F / 135°C. If your air fryer only goes down to 300°F / 150°C, set it to this temperature, and reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Placing the eggs in a single layer ensures that they cook evenly.
- Air fry eggs for about 16 minutes for hard-boiled eggs (see below for more options for cooking times).
- Once the timer goes off, immediately (but carefully) transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Use tongs because the eggs will be hot!
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes. Then drain, peel and enjoy!
Make peeling eggs easier by peeling them under running water. Running cold water over the eggs while peeling helps separate the shell from the egg white, making the process easier.
How long to cook eggs in the air fryer
The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the eggs, the temperature of the air fryer, and how you like your eggs cooked.
- For soft-boiled eggs, air fry for around 9-10 minutes
- For medium-boiled eggs, air fry for around 12-13 minutes
- For hard-boiled eggs air fry for around 15-16 minutes
Use the above cooking times as a guide, and experiment with different cooking times to find what works best for you.
There are so many ways to serve boiled eggs, here are some delicious ideas to getyou started:
- Deviled eggs: Cut boiled eggs in half, remove the yolks, mix them with mayonnaise, mustard, and other seasonings, and then refill the egg whites with the mixture.
- Egg salad: Chop boiled eggs and mix them with mayonnaise, chopped celery, onion, and seasonings to make a delicious egg salad.
- Cobb salad: Top a bed of lettuce with sliced boiled eggs, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and other veggies for a hearty salad.
- Ramen bowls: Cut boiled eggs in half and add them to a bowl of ramen noodles for a protein-packed meal.
- Breakfast sandwich: Slice boiled eggs and add them to a breakfast sandwich with bacon, cheese, and other toppings.
- Scotch eggs: Wrap boiled eggs in sausage and breadcrumbs, then bake or fry for a delicious snack or appetizer.
- Niçoise salad: Arrange boiled eggs, tuna, green beans, potatoes, olives, and other veggies on a bed of lettuce for a classic French salad.
Air Fryer Boiled Eggs (soft or hard)
- 6 eggs
- Bowl of ice water
- Preheat air fryer to 275°F / 135°C [Note 1].
- Place eggs in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry eggs at 275°F / 135°C for:– 9-10 minutes for soft-boiled eggs– 12-13 minutes for medium-boiled eggs– 15-16 minutes for hard-boiled eggs
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- When the cook time is up, carefully remove the eggs from the air fryer and place in the ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If your air fryer only goes down to 300°F / 150°C, set it to this temperature and reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
More recipes you’ll love: