One of my favorite roasts is this recipe for air fryer lamb roast. Juicy tender lamb roasted in the air fryer – no need to toil over a hot oven. Season with fresh rosemary and thyme and serve with roasted potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables for a classic lamb roast.
How to Roast Lamb in an Air Fryer
The recipe uses a butterflied leg of lamb, which you can ask your local butcher to prepare for you, or you can just cut it open yourself using a sharp knife. I would, however, recommend buying a boneless leg roast, as this will make the process much easier as the bone has to be removed.
Air fried roast lamb has a lovely rich flavor, which is really enhanced by the classic seasoning of rosemary and thyme. You can use any spices that you like with lamb, and sometimes I use a Moroccan seasoning, cumin or curry powder, but I do like a classic roast with rosemary and thyme, so usually stick to the recipe below.
For a classic roast I serve roast lamb with a mint sauce. You can try an easy homemade version by mixing chopped fresh mint leaves with sugar and vinegar. It looks a little rustic, but tastes fantastic!
What to serve with roast lamb
If you want to also cook side dishes in the air fryer, you can pre-cook them for part of the cooking time before the beef, then put them back in the air fryer to finish cooking for 10 minutes while the beef is resting.
- 10 oz butterflied lamb leg roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or dried
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- On a plate, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme.
- Pat lamb roast dry and place into the herb oil mixture, turning it to ensure it is well coated.
- Place lamb in air fryer basket, and air fry for 15 minutes.
- This should give you medium-rare lamb. Though when cooking roast lamb in an air fryer it is best to check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to your liking (medium-rare should be 140-150°F / 60-65°C). Cook for additional 3 minute intervals if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove roast lamb from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for five minutes before serving (this allows the juices to reabsorb into the meat).
- Cut against the grain to serve.
You may also like: