Air fryer parsnips, roasted plain or honey-glazed, make a delicious and easy side dish. A healthy air fryer recipe, these parsnips have all the taste of traditional roasted parsnips, but are much quicker to cook and use a lot less oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Roasted parsnips make a great side for many types of food, and are a great side to accompany a roast dinner.
- Roasting them in your air fryer takes a fraction of the time it takes to cook them in the oven.
- Versatile recipe – you can make them plain roasted, or honey-glazed if you want something a bit fancier for a holiday dinner.
Roasting parsnips in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to make a delicious side dish. The high heat of the air fryer caramelizes the natural sugars in the parsnips, making them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and thyme, these air fryer roasted parsnips are a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
When you learn how quick and easy it is easy to roast parsnips in an air fryer you will never cook them any other way!
Roasted vegetables are delicious at any time of the year, but especially in fall! Here are some other tasty fall vegetable recipes to try: air fryer roasted carrots, air fryer pumpkin, air fryer sweet potato wedges and air fryer roast potatoes.
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer parsnip recipe, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Choose medium-sized parsnips, that are firm, with no discoloration or soft spots. If the parsnips have tops, make sure they are still fresh and green.
The recipe below uses light olive oil, but you can substitute another liquid cooking oil with a high smoke point, try vegetable oil, canola oil, or avocado oil.
When air frying, choose a cooking oil with a high smoke point to reduce the chance of your air fryer smoking.
A sprinkle of salt helps to bring out the natural flavor of the parsnips.
Optional liquid honey
Honey roasted parsnips sounds (and tastes) quite gourmet, but it is actually the easiest recipe to make!
All you need is a little liquid honey. As the parsnips roast in the air fryer, the honey melts down and forms a beautiful sweet brown glaze.
How to Roast Parsnips in an Air Fryer
This recipe is very simple to make, but there are a few key steps to get it just right:
- Prepare the parsnips. Peel the parsnips if preferred (this is optional). Trim the tops and bottoms, then you will need to cut them into 2-3 inch long pieces. You can also just cut them lengthwise down the middle into quarters if you prefer.
- Season the parsnips. Toss the parsnip pieces with oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Place parsnips in the air fryer basket. To make honey-roasted parsnips, drizzle a little honey over them before air frying.
- Air fry parsnips. Air fry the parsnips for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket 2-3 times during cooking to redistribute the parsnip chunks, ensuring they cook evenly.
- The parsnips are done when they are golden brown and tender. Continue to air-fry for 2-3 minute intervals until they are cooked to your liking.
This is an ideal recipe if you want to cook the main course and the parsnips in the air fryer. Because the cooking time is only 10-15 minutes you can cook them while the meat is resting.
Prepare the parsnips while the meat is cooking in the air fryer, then remove the meat, cover with foil to rest for ten minutes, and air fry parsnips so they will be done just as you are ready to serve the meat.
Store any leftover parsnips in an air tight container in the refrigerator, and use them within 3 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer (2-3 minutes @ 360°F/180°C), or just eat them cold as a snack!
How to roast parsnips in an air fryer.
- 1lb/ 450g parsnips
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Cut parsnips into 2-3 inch pieces, and place in a large bowl with the oil and salt. Toss to coat.
- Place parsnips in air fryer basket.
- Optional: drizzle honey over the parsnips.
- Air fry parsnips 10-15 minutes [Note 1] until tender and golden brown.
- The exact time will depend on how efficient your air fryer is. Check after 10 minutes, and air fry parsnips for longer if they need it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!