Air fryer parsnips, roasted plain or honey-glazed, make a delicious and easy side dish. A healthy air fryer recipe, these parsnips have all the taste of traditional roasted parsnips, but are much quicker, and use way less oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Cook Parsnips in an Air Fryer
Roasted parsnips make a great side for many types of food. Especially at this time of year, I love roasted root vegetables, some of my favorites are air fryer roasted carrots, air fryer sweet potato wedges and air fryer roast potatoes.
How to Prepare Parsnips for Roasting
Parsnips are easy to prepare for roasting. Peeling is optional. I know some people prefer to peel root vegetables, but I usually just give them a good scrub.
Trim the tops and bottoms, then you will need to cut them into 2-3 in long pieces. I usually get 6-7 pieces from each parsnip.
When you put them in the air fryer they need a bit of oil and a quick sprinkle of salt. You can add other seasoning too if you like, or read on for my favorite way to flavor roast parsnips.
Honey Roasted Parsnips in the Air Fryer
This sounds (and tastes) quite gourmet, but it actually the easiest recipe!
All you need to do is oil and salt the parsnips as above, and then drizzle a little honey over them before air frying.
As the parsnips roast in the air fryer the honey melts down and forms a beautiful sweet brown glaze.
Honey Roasted Parsnips in the air fryer are so delicious you will probably never cook them any other way again.
Air Fryer Parsnips Recipe
How to roast parsnips in an air fryer.
- 4 medium parsnips
- 1 olive oil spray
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Cut parsnips into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Place parsnips in air fryer basket
- Spray parsnips with oil, add a pinch of salt, shake the basket and spray with oil again
- Optional: drizzle honey over the parsnips
- Set parsnips to air fry for 10-15 minutes
- The exact time will depend on how efficient your air fryer is. Check after 10 minutes, and air fry parsnips for longer if they need it.
- The parsnips are ready when they are tender and starting to turn golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
You may also like:
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!