If you’re looking for a quick and simple pizza dough recipe, this three-ingredient pizza dough is the perfect option. Made with yogurt, flour, and baking soda, it’s a homemade pizza dough that comes together quickly and easily. And since it doesn’t require any rising time, it’s perfect for a last-minute pizza night!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It only needs 3-ingredients!
- It is yeast free, and there is no rising time required
- It is very quick and easy to make in a stand mixer
Pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world and there are countless ways to make it. This quick and easy three-ingredient pizza dough is a great option for those who want a simple, yeast-free dough.
All you need is some Greek yogurt, bread flour and baking powder (or self-rising flour). Just combine the ingredients, knead for a few minutes, and you’re ready to roll out your dough.
This dough is perfect for a personal pizza or a small pizza for two. It’s also a great option if you’re short on time or don’t have all the ingredients for a traditional dough.
Scroll down for the printable card for this 3-ingredient pizza dough recipe, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Greek yogurt is used in this pizza dough recipe because the acid in it activates the baking powder, which is needed for the dough to rise. The yogurt also adds protein to the recipe, and makes the dough extremely flavorful.
Bread flour is the best type of flour to use for this recipe, it has a higher gluten content, and will give you a better texture to your dough. However, you can also use all purpose flour if that is all you have. The recipe will still work, but the dough might be more crumbly rather than having that chewy pizza dough texture.
Alternatively, you can use self-rising flour (if you can get it where you are), and skip using the baking powder. Bonus, this then becomes a 2-ingredient pizza dough! 🤩
Because this is a no-yeast recipe, it uses baking powder as the rising agent. This helps the dough to rise up while it is baking, making it light and fluffy.
As mentioned above, you can skip this ingredient if you are using self-raising flour.
So, this is actually optional as you can knead the dough by hand, but if you have the option, I would definitely recommend making this recipe in a stand mixer. You can literally add the ingredients, switch it on, and a few minutes later the dough is ready to use.
How to make this simple no-yeast pizza dough from 3-ingredients
This recipe is very simple to make, but there are a few key steps to getting it just right:
- Mix the dry ingredients together first. The baking powder and flour need to be well mixed before you add the yogurt. I usually do this by hand even though I use a stand mixer to mix the dough.
- Add the yogurt and mix to combine. If using a stand mixer, use the beating attachment and mix on slow until the ingredients are combined. If mixing the dough by hand, use a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough. You will notice that the dough is quite crumbly when the flour and yogurt have just been mixed, but kneading the dough helps it come together. Kneading helps to activate the gluten in the flour which gives the dough the stretchy (and chewy) texture. If using a stand mixer, just allow it to continue mixing the dough until you see the texture change and form a dough ball. If kneading by hand, use a lot of flour on a clean surface, and knead until the dough comes together.
How to make a simple no-yeast pizza dough from 3 ingredients.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups bread flour [Note 1]
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder [Note 1]
Prepare the dough
Method 1: stand mixer
- Place the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer and whisk together.
- Place the ingredients in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, use the beating or kneading attachment and knead on a slow speed until the ingredients are combined and have been kneaded for .
Method 2: by hand
- Place the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the yogurt and mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Tip the dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead until the dough comes together. Add a little more flour if you feel the dough is quite sticky
Prepare and cook the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 430°F/ 220°C.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, place on a pizza pan and par-bake for around 5 minutes until the crust starts to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven, add sauce and toppings of your choice, and return to the oven for around 10 minutes until the crust and toppings are golden brown.
- Bread flour will give the dough the best texture. You can substitute all purpose flour if that is all you have. Alternatively you can make a 2-ingredient dough by using use self-raising flour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!