Air fryer lamb steaks are a great quick and easy dinner. Tender and succulent on the inside, and grilled to perfection on the outside.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook lamb steaks in an air fryer
Air frying is a quick and convenient way to grill or broil lamb steaks, they are so quick to cook. I also love to grill lamb chops in my air fryer, check out my recipe for air fryer lamb chops.
This recipe uses very simple seasoning of salt and pepper with a little oil. However, you can you any seasoning that you like with lamb, try:
- Rosemary and thyme
- Indian spices like cumin, garam masala, ground coriander, curry powder
- A Moroccan spice mix, try cumin, paprika, cinnamon and ginger
I would also use a little salt an oil with any other seasoning (unless it already contains salt).
How long to air fry lamb steaks
Lamb steaks should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). This will give medium lamb.
Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature once the lamb has finished air frying, and add a couple of minutes of cooking time is you prefer them more well done. Refer to the cooking temperatures in the table below.
|Rare||135°F / 57°C|
|Medium||145°F / 63°C|
|Medium-well||150°F / 65°C|
|Well-done||160°F / 71°C|
Air fryer lamb steaks recipe card
How to cook lamb steaks in an air fryer.
- 2x 5 oz lamb steaks
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Remove steak from the refrigerator an hour before cooking to allow it to reach room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix salt and ground pepper on a plate.
- Pat lamb steaks dry, then rub or spray with a little olive oil.
- Press each side of the steak into the salt/pepper mix, then place in air fryer basket. ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry lamb steaks for 5 minutes for medium-rare (9 minutes for well-done).
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - it should be 160°F (71°C) for medium-rare, or 170°F (76°C) or above for well done.
Remove lamb steaks from the air fryer, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 18g
You may also like:
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Pork Steaks
- Air Fryer Steak
- How to Reheat Steak in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Lamb Koftas
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!