Ever wanted to make pizza in an air fryer? Try this recipe for air fryer pizzas with flatbread pizza bases. They are so simple and delicious – kids on dinner?
How to Cook Pizza in an Air Fryer
Cooking pizza in an air fryer is super easy. If you are after a snack or a light lunch, try making this air fryer pizza recipe that uses pita flat breads as a base. For an extra light base you could also use a flour tortilla.
I usually use fresh basil, mozzarella balls and rich passata for a traditional tasting Italian style pizza, but you can use your favorite sauce and whatever cheese and other toppings you prefer.
I would, however, recommend not piling the base up with too many toppings, as the quick cooking time means that the pizza may not have time to cook through before the cheese starts getting over done.
How to cook flatbread pizza in an air fryer.
- 1 7in. pita bread, or other flatbread
- 1.5 tbsp passata, or your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 oz mozzarella
- olive oil spray
- fresh basil
- Spray flatbread with olive oil.
- Spread a layer of passata or other pizza sauce on the flatbread.
- Add mozzarella and any other toppings you like.
- Place pizza in air fryer basket and air fry at 360°F (180°C) for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve topped with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
You may also like: