Ever wanted to make pizza in an air fryer? Try this recipe for air fryer pizzas with flatbread pizza bases, so no need to make dough! They are so simple and delicious – kids on dinner?
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Cook Pizza in an Air Fryer
Cooking pizza in an air fryer is super easy. If you are after a snack or a light lunch, try making this air fryer pizza recipe that uses pita flat breads as a base.
These air fryer mini pizzas are great for making personal pizzas – everyone can choose their favorite toppings, which makes for a fun pizza night!
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for this air fryer pizza, or read on for all the details.
Base: I use pita breads in this recipe, but you could use naan bread, or any flat bread. For an extra thin crust you could also use a flour tortilla.
Sauce: Use your favorite pre-made pizza sauce, though you could also use marinara sauce, tomato paste, or passata if that is what you have. Note canned chopped tomatoes are not thick enough to use straight out of the can as pizza sauce, but you could simmer them in a pot for a few minutes to thicken them up.
Cheese: this recipe uses mozzarella cheese balls for a traditional tasting Italian style pizza, but you can use shredded mozzarella cheese, or your favorite shredded cheese. Try: jack, cheddar or even Swiss.
Olive oil spray: This is to lightly oil the pizza base so that the base gets crispy during cooking rather than dries out. You can use regular olive oil or cooking spray if you prefer.
Toppings: In the recipe below I have kept it simple, and just added fresh basil. However, feel free to add your favorite toppings. Here are some we like:
- cherry tomatoes
- ham and pineapple
Note: I would recommend cutting the toppings up quite small and not piling the base up with too many toppings, as the quick cooking time means that the pizza may not have time to cook through before the cheese gets over done.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- Step 2: prepare the pizzas. Spray flatbread with olive oil. Spread a layer of pizza sauce on the flatbread. Add mozzarella and any other desired toppings.
- Step 3: Air fry pizza. Place pizza in air fryer basket and air fry at 360°F/ 180°C) for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Step 4: Serve topped with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover pizza in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can easily reheat pizza in the air fryer, just give it a few minutes at 360°/180°C (see this post for more details on how to reheat pizza in air fryer).
How to cook flatbread pizza in an air fryer.
- 1 7in. pita bread, or other flatbread
- 1.5 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 oz mozzarella
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh basil
- Your toppings of choice
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F/ 180°C.
- Spray flatbread with olive oil.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce on the flatbread. Add mozzarella and your desired toppings to the pizza.
- Place pizza in air fryer basket and air fry at 360°F/ 180°C for 10 minutes [Note 1] or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.
- Cook times vary with air fryer model.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
You may also like:
- Air fryer toast quiche
- Air fryer quiche
- Air fryer pizza logs (homemade)
- Air fryer pizza rolls (Totino’s frozen pizza rolls)
- Air fryer frittata
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!