This air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus recipe is a great way to show off your air fryer skills! This recipe is simple, yet elegant, and is perfect for any occasion. This recipe only requires 3 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
If you are looking for an extra-delicious way to enjoy asparagus, try wrapping it in bacon! This recipe is very easy to prepare, quick to cook in the air fryer, and results in a crispy, savory dish that everyone will love.
Whether you need a side dish for a dinner party, or are trying to persuade your kids into eating more vegetables, asparagus wrapped in bacon is always a good idea!
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for this air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus recipe, or read on for all the details.
Ingredients and substitutions
Choose fresh asparagus. The spears should be plump and firm (not bendy), and the tips should be tightly closed. Trim any woody bit off the end of the stems before making this recipe. The cooking time depends on the size of the asparagus that you use, so try to choose spears that are a similar size.
Choose thinly sliced bacon (Brits: use streaky bacon). You can also substitute prosciutto.
Oil is actually optional. Lets be honest, most bacon has enough fat in to already! But the bacon can stick to the air fryer basket during cooking, so I would recommend giving the basket a quick brush with oil (or spritz of you have an oil sprayer), especially if your air fryer is prone to sticking.
How to cook bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer
This recipe is so simple to make, there are just 3 easy steps.
- Prepare the asparagus by chopping of the woody ends, then wrapping it tightly in bacon from the cut end up towards the top.
- Preheat the air fryer, and give the basket a quick spritz with oil if you air fryer is prone to sticking.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer until the asparagus is tender and the bacon is crispy.
Serve as an appetizer, a side dish or as a snack for days when you want something a bit different.
Storage and reheating
Store any leftover bacon-wrapped asparagus in an air-tight container in the fridge, and use within 3 days.
To reheat it in the air fryer, place into the air fryer basket and cook at 360°F/ 180°C for 2-3 minutes until hot.
How to cook bacon-wrapped asparagus in an air fryer.
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 slices bacon [Note 1]
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil [Note 2]
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Trim any woody bits from the ends of the asparagus spears, then wrap each asparagus spear
with bacon, wrapping tightly from the bottom towards the top.
- Lightly brush or spritz the air fryer basket with oil (optional, but recommended if your air fryer is prone to sticking). Then place the bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer in a single layer. Try to ensure it is not touching.
- Air fry the asparagus for 10-15 minutes flipping it over halfway through the cooking time if required for your air fryer [Note 3].
- Cook until the bacon is crispy.
- Choose thinly sliced bacon (streaky bacon), or you can use prosciutto.
- You can use another cooking oil with a high smoke point like vegetable oil or corn oil if you prefer. Try to avoid using aerosol sprays in your air fryer as these can damage the non-stick lining of the basket.
- Cooking times will depend on the thickness of the asparagus. Check your manual if you are unsure whether flipping food over is required for your air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!