This air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus recipe is a great way to show off your air fryer skills! This recipe is simple, yet elegant, and is perfect for any occasion. This recipe only requires 2 ingredients and takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
Why you’ll love air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus
- It’s simple but elegant. Bacon wrapped asparagus looks and tastes gourmet but comes together easily.
- It’s easy to prepare. Just wrap, air fry and enjoy! No complicated steps or messy pans to clean up.
- It’s quick to cook. You can air fry these flavorful bundles to tender, crispy perfection in just minutes.
- It’s delicious! Tender asparagus wrapped in crispy bacon is always a hit, whether you need a delicious side dish for a dinner party, or are trying to persuade your kids into eating more vegetables!
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for this air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Choose fresh asparagus. The spears should be plump and firm (not bendy), and the tips should be tightly closed. The cooking time depends on the size of the asparagus that you use, so try to choose spears that are a similar size.
Choose thinly sliced bacon (Brits: use streaky bacon). You can also substitute prosciutto, or use turkey bacon if you prefer.
How to cook bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer
This recipe is so simple to make, there are just 3 easy steps.
- Prepare the asparagus by chopping off the woody ends, then wrap each asparagus stalk in a single bacon strip, wrapping tightly from the cut end of the asparagus up towards the tip.
- Preheat the air fryer, and give the basket a quick spritz with oil if your air fryer is prone to sticking.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer until the asparagus is tender, and the bacon is crispy.
Storage and reheating
Store any leftover bacon-wrapped asparagus in an air-tight container in the fridge, and use within 3 days.
To reheat it in the air fryer, place into the air fryer basket and cook at 360°F/ 180°C for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Bacon wrapped asparagus makes an easy and impressive appetizer for parties. Arrange on a platter and serve with a dipping sauce like ranch, aioli or hollandaise.
- For dinner, serve bacon wrapped asparagus spears alongside steak, pork chops or chicken.
- Add bacon wrapped asparagus to a breakfast or brunch skillet with eggs, potatoes and other veggies.
- Serve as a side to pasta dishes like carbonara, alfredo or primavera.
- Add to a cheese board or charcuterie platter for variety alongside cured meats, cheeses, nuts and grapes.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 slices bacon [Note 1]
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Rinse and dry asparagus spears, trim to remove any woody bits if required.
- Wrap each spear with bacon from the bottom to the top, gently pulling the bacon tight as you go.
- Place bacon asparagus in air fryer basket/tray in a single layer [Note 2].
- Air fry bacon wrapped asparagus for 10-15 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time if required for your air fryer [Note 3].
- Cook until the asparagus is tender and the bacon is crispy.
- Choose thinly sliced bacon (streaky bacon), or you can substitute prosciutto or turkey bacon.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the basket a quick brush with oil before adding the asparagus bundles. Try to avoid using aerosol sprays in your air fryer as these can damage the non-stick lining of the basket.
- Cooking times will depend on the thickness of the asparagus.
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.