A simple recipe to cook a whole roast chicken in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Whole Roast Chicken
- 3 lb whole chicken (check the capacity of your air fryer and be sure to get a chicken that will fit)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat air fryer to 450 degrees.
- Rub chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and oregano over the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil to help prevent the chicken sticking. Cook in air fryer for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook in air fryer for another 30 minutes.
- The chicken is cooked if the juices run clear when you stick a knife in the thickest part. If you are unsure check with a meat thermometer – internal temperature should be 165°F (75°C).
- Cover the chicken with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Our air fryer roast potatoes go really well with this air fryer roast chicken. You can just put them in the basket with the roasting chicken when there is about 25 minutes of cooking time left.