If you’re looking for an easy turkey recipe to cook for a holiday dinner, then this Instant Pot turkey tenderloin recipe is perfect for you. It’s quick and easy to prepare (only 6 ingredients!) and tastes delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook turkey tenderloins in an electric pressure cooker
For a delicious meal that is easy to whip up this Thanksgiving, try pressure cooking a turkey tenderloin in your Instant Pot!
The turkey breast tenderloin is an all-white meat cut that is just below the turkey breast. It is a similar size to a chicken breast and very lean yet flavorful.
This recipe only takes about 40 minutes and includes 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Scroll down for the printable card for this Instant Pot turkey tenderloin recipe, or read on for all the details.
Turkey tenderloins: I use Butterball all-natural turkey breast tenderloins, which have 2 tenderloins per pack. This is a good amount to serve 4 or 5, with leftovers.
Chicken stock: Substitute chicken broth if you prefer. You can also use water if you don’t have any stock or broth on hand (though the tenderloins won’t have quite as much flavor).
Lemon: This recipe uses lemon slices and lemon zest. Zest the lemon first, and then cut it into slices.
Rosemary: You can use fresh or dried rosemary for this recipe. If you are using fresh rosemary, strip the leaves off the stem and chop finely before using. Add some fresh rosemary sprigs on top for extra flavor.
Salt and pepper: This recipe uses simple salt and pepper to season the tenderloin. For extra flavor, you can use garlic salt if you prefer.
You’ll also need an Instant Pot or another electric pressure cooker. The instructions below are for an Instant Pot but should convert for any type of electric pressure cooker.
How to make Instant Pot turkey tenderloins
I promised you easy – and easy it is! Here’s how it goes down:
- Add chicken stock to the pressure cooker bowl.
- Place turkey tenderloins in the pressure cooker on a bed of lemon slices (these keep the tenderloins elevated out of the liquid during cooking and flavors the juices that come out of the turkey that can be used to make a gravy if you are so inclined)
- Pressure cook for 18 minutes
- Briefly broil/grill if you like to brown the outside.
Once the tenderloins have finished cooking (while they are under the broiler), you can use the juices in the pressure cooker to make a simple gravy. Follow this recipe for making gravy from stock.
Serve slathered with homemade gravy or topped with garlic butter, with a bit of cranberry sauce on the side.
For some great side dishes to go with this recipe, try:
Storage and reheating
Store any leftover tenderloin in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use it within 3 days.
You can reheat leftover tenderloins in the microwave – 2-3 minutes on high, and check that the temperature reaches 165°F/ 74°C in the center.
Instant Pot turkey tenderloin recipe card
How to cook turkey tenderloins in an Instant Pot.
- 1 cup chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced
- 1 ½ lb (700g) turkey breast tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary/ dried rosemary
- Pour the cup of chicken stock into the Instant Pot stainless steel pot, and add the lemon slices to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the turkey tenderloins into the bottom of the pot on top of the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the tenderloins with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, with the value to 'sealing'.
- Set the pressure cooker to 'manual' or 'pressure cook', and cook on 'high' for 18 minutes. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure cooker naturally release.
- Check the internal temperature of the tenderloin using an instant-read meat thermometer. The target temperature is 165°F/ 74°C.
- Optional: brown the tenderloin under the broiler for 5-10 minutes (while you make gravy)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!