This creamy pesto chicken fettuccine is one of my favorite quick and easy week night dinners. It requires so little prep that is basically cooks itself.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 oz fettuccini dried or fresh
- 3 oz basil pesto
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a pan (3-4 minutes), remove from heat and crush with the flat of a knife.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water according to the instructions on the pack (approx 11 minutes).
- While the fettuccine is cooking, roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. Shred or chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pesto and cream to a jar and shake to mix well.
- When the fettuccine is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the creamy pesto sauce, the chicken and chopped baby spinach to the fettuccine. Mix well.
- Serve topped with crushed pinenuts.
Calories: 667.42kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.52g | Protein: 40.72g | Fat: 34.91g | Saturated Fat: 9.17g | Cholesterol: 156.63mg | Sodium: 535.91mg | Potassium: 678.98mg | Fiber: 3.73g | Sugar: 2.81g | Vitamin A: 5379.09IU | Vitamin C: 12.64mg | Calcium: 156.22mg | Iron: 4.18mg