This creamy pesto chicken fettuccine is one of my favorite quick and easy week night dinners. It requires so little prep that it basically cooks itself.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
This recipe for quick chicken pesto pasta is a God-send when you are really short on time. I love that on week nights when we both have to work late, or days with after school activities I can whip this up for dinner in under 20 minutes. Also as a bonus the whole family loves this recipe!
Make with store-bought pesto, or if you grow your own basil at home try making fresh pesto.
How to make quick chicken pesto fettuccine
- 4 oz fettuccini, dried or fresh
- 3 oz basil pesto
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a pan (3-4 minutes), remove from heat and crush with the flat of a knife.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water according to the instructions on the pack (approx 11 minutes).
- While the fettuccine is cooking, roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. Shred or chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pesto and cream to a jar and shake to mix well.
- When the fettuccine is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the creamy pesto sauce, the chicken and chopped baby spinach to the fettuccine. Mix well.
- Serve topped with crushed pinenuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667.42Total Fat: 34.91gSaturated Fat: 9.17gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 156.63mgSodium: 535.91mgCarbohydrates: 46.52gFiber: 3.73gSugar: 2.81gProtein: 40.72g
You may also like:
- Creamy bacon and mushroom pasta
- Easy butter chicken
- Instant Pot chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Slow cooker spicy chicken tortilla soup
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!
Welcome to Love Food Not Cooking!
I’m Eliza, busy mom, home cook, and blogger. My goal is to help everyone cook good food. Whether you are short on time, skills, or motivation, there is something here for you! We have dozens of quick and easy recipes for dinner, lunch, side dishes, and more. Our recipes use everyday ingredients, for quick delicious meals your family will love! Read more…