Easy (flour-less) peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Possibly the easiest cookie recipe in existence, and perfect for when you (and your local store) are out of flour.
How to cook chocolate chip cookies when you have no flour
I put together this recipe for anyone who (like me) is in lockdown, needing to bake something yummy, and out of flour. My local grocery store is also out of flour, so I had to get creative.
I don’t know about you, but I am finding being in lockdown makes me want to snack all day long, and I have used up all my flour (making microwave cup cakes). Luckily, this recipe doesn’t need flour. Also, the recipe actually couldn’t be easier (my favorite kind!).
Besides all that to recommend them, they are also high in protein, gluten-free, absolutely delicious and look beautiful when they are done (even though they look kind of a mess on the way in to oven).
How to cook peanut butter chocolate chip cookies without flour.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, (no added sugar or salt)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, (or chunks or buttons)
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Add peanut butter, egg, sugar and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in.
- Place teaspoon-sized balls of the cookie mix on the baking tray spaced approximately 2in. apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just starting to brown on top.
- Remove from oven, but allow to sit on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy (don't eat them all at once!)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235.1Total Fat: 13.5gSaturated Fat: 3.9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1.7mgSodium: 155.8mgCarbohydrates: 25.4gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 22.4gProtein: 5.9g