Reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer and enjoy crispy, delicious leftovers that taste just as good as when they were first cooked! Whether you have leftover McDonalds chicken nuggets or a homemade batch, using an air fryer to reheat them is a game-changing hack that’s quick, easy, and much healthier than deep-frying.
Why you will love reheating chicken nuggets in the air fryer
If you have leftover chicken nuggets that you’re not sure what to do with, reheating them in an air fryer can be a great way to restore their crispy exterior and heat them through, without drying out the inside.
Unlike other reheating methods like the microwave, which can make the nuggets soggy and unappetizing, the air fryer can help revive their texture and flavor. Additionally, using an air fryer is quick, convenient, and healthier than deep-frying, as it requires little to no oil.
So, if you’re ready to level up your leftover game, keep reading for our expert tips and tricks on how to reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer to perfection.
>> Related recipe: Air Fryer Chick-fil-A Nuggets (copycat)
Scroll down for the printable card with instructions on how to reheat chicken nuggets in air fryer, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Leftover chicken nuggets
You can use this technique to reheat any chicken nuggets, whether you made too many of these delicious homemade chicken nuggets, frozen chicken nuggets (like Tyson chicken nuggets or dino nuggets), or whether you just have leftovers from your favorite takeaways.
A quick spray or a light brush of olive oil will help get the best results when air frying leftover nuggets. It will help them to stay crispy without drying out.
When choosing an olive oil spray for your air fryer, look for the type that spritzes rather than an aerosol. The propellant in aerosol oil sprays can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
Reheating chicken nuggets in air fryer
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the refrigerator, and give them a light spray or brush with olive oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minutes. This is important as you want the air fryer to be hot before placing the nuggets in to prevent them from drying out.
- Place leftover nuggets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching. Reheat in batches if necessary.
- Air fry leftover nuggets at 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minute intervals. After each interval, check the internal temperature (flip the nuggets over if required for your air fryer), and continue reheating until they reach at least 165°F/ 74°C in the center of the thickest nuggets (test a few to be sure).
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How long to reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer
The exact time needed for reheating chicken nuggets in the air fryer will depend on a few factors, including how large the chicken nuggets are and how powerful your air fryer is.
Chicken should be reheated until it reaches 165°F/ 74°C in the center. Reheating the nuggets in 2-3 minute intervals and testing the temperature after each interval is the best way to get the chicken nuggets to the right temperature without overcooking them.
Use an instant read thermometer to measure the temperature in the center of the thickest part of the meat for an accurate temperature reading.
Reheat chicken nuggets in air fryer
How to reheat chicken nuggets in an air fryer.
- 12 leftover chicken nuggets (cooked)
- 1 tespoon olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken nuggets from the refrigerator and lightly spray or brush with oil.
- Place nuggets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching [Note 1].
- Air fry leftover chicken nuggets at 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minute intervals. After each interval, check the internal temperature, flip the nuggets over [Note 2], and continue reheating until the nuggets reach at least 165°F/ 74°C in the center of the thickest part [Note 3].
- Reheat nuggets in batches if necessary.
- Flip the nuggets over if required for your air fryer.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.