Air fryer frozen chicken patties are quick and convenient. Air frying means they will be perfectly crisp on the outside, and still tender in the center. A perfect quick and easy mid-week dinner!
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
Cooking frozen chicken patties in an air fryer actually couldn’t be easier. Air fryers are perfect for cooking frozen foods for a number of reasons, and frozen chicken patties are no exception!
It is OK to cook most brands of frozen chicken patties in the air fryer because they are precooked. However, you should always check the packet instructions of the product you have to ensure that the manufacturer states that you can cook them from frozen.
How to Cook Thawed Chicken Patties in Air Fryer?
You don’t normally need to defrost chicken patties before air frying, but be sure to check your packet instructions to see what is recommended for the product you have.
If you have thawed chicken patties that you want to air fry, then you will need to reduce the cooking time in the recipe below a little, though not by much. Take around 2 minutes off the cooking time, so start with around 8 minutes, before checking to see if they are cooked.
What to serve with chicken patties
I usually serve frozen chicken patties as a classic chicken burger in a bun, but they are very versatile and you can serve them many different ways. You could try:
- A classic chicken burger in a bun – try topping with bacon, avocado and mayo, or slaw and BBQ sauce
- Bun-less chicken patties with a salad and/or fries
- Cut patties into pieces or in a wrap with humus and salad
How to cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer.
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- Place frozen chicken patties in air fryer basket. Ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry chicken patties for 10-14 minutes. Some air fryers require food to be turned during cooking, so check your manual and flip the patties halfway through the cooking time if required.
- The chicken patties are ready when they are a golden color on the outside, and cooked through.
You may also like: