A simple recipe for a hearty slow cooker beef pot roast with vegetables.
How to cook beef pot roast in a slow cooker or crock pot.
- 2 lb beef roast , (brisket, chuck, topside)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, cruched
- 5 oz mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt and pepper
- Place the vegetables in slow cooker bowl
- Season beef with cracked pepper and place in slow cooker bowl
- Add bay leaves and thyme
- Cook on Low for 8hrs
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water
- Remove beef, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes
- While the beef is resting, season vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, stir in cornflour mix and leave to thicken. Retrieve the bay leaves and dispose of.
- Slice beef and serve with vegetables and sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Unsaturated Fat: 0g
…and try one of these easy dishes on the side