Air Fryer Roast Beef Recipe
- 2 lb beef roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- Mix sea salt, rosemary and oil on a plate. Place beef on plate and turn so that the oil-herb mix coats the outside.
- Place beef in air fryer basket. Set to cook in air fryer for 45 minutes.
- This should give you medium-rare beef. Though when cooking roast beef in an air fryer it is best to check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to your liking. Cook for additional 5 minute intervals if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove roast beef from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving (this allows the juices to reabsorb into the meat).
This recipe is for cooking medium rare beef, but if you prefer it more, or less well done, check our guide to roast beef cooking times, or see our post on how to use a meat thermometer to cook your roast beef perfectly.
Here are some great side dishes to try with this roast beef:
- air fryer roast potatoes – you can just put them in the basket with the roasting beef when there is about 25 minutes of cooking time left
- microwave steamed broccoli – start them steaming while the roast beef is resting
- mashed potato