If you love bacon but don’t love the mess and hassle that comes with making it, then you need an air fryer! With an air fryer, you can make bacon with little to no cleanup. Plus, air fryer bacon is crispy and delicious. If you’ve never tried cooking bacon in an air fryer, you’re missing out!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
For anyone who has ever wondered – can you air fry bacon? I am here to tell you – yes, you can!
Cooking bacon in an air fryer is the best way to get crisp, delicious bacon without all the mess. You don’t have to worry about splattering grease, and the bacon comes out perfectly cooked every time. Plus, cleanup is a breeze.
Air fryers are a fuss-free, mess-free way to cook bacon because all the frying is separated from the grease and you don’t need to use any extra oil (unlike with pan fried bacon).
It means your bacon will be cooked to perfection without the added guilt of extra fat and calories.
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer bacon recipe, or read on for all the details.
What bacon to use
There are a few different types of bacon available and it can be called different things depending on where you live. I have tested this recipe with regular bacon (side-cut), also known as streaky bacon. You can use cured or uncured bacon, smoked or unsmoked.
You can use this recipe to cook other types of bacon too (even turkey bacon!), but if you have thick cut bacon the cook time may be a little longer.
How to cook bacon in an air fryer
Air frying bacon is very simple, but there are a few tips
- Preheat the air fryer. You want that baby HOT when you add the bacon so it starts to cook straight away.
- Arrange the bacon slices in the basket in a single layer, and try to make sure it is lying flat. This will help to ensure it cooks evenly. You may need to use the layer accessory or cook your bacon in batches.
- Drain the air fryer if needed. Cooking bacon in an air fryer can sometimes lead to white smoke coming from the air fryer due to the amount of fat that drains from the bacon, which can end up circulating in the air fryer. No need to stress! Just stop the air fryer (noting how much cooking time you have left), drain the bacon fat out of the bottom pan, and set the air fryer going again for the remaining cooking time. (Then pat yourself on the back for removing all that fat from your bacon before you eat it!)
- Keep an eye on the bacon during cooking, and cook it till its just right for you. Everyone likes their bacon cooked differently. I like extra crispy bacon, so I just put it on to cook for the whole time and forget about it. If its the first time you have tried frying bacon in your air fryer then check it often to ensure that you don’t over cook it.
- Blot the cooked bacon on a paper towel to remove any excess grease from the bacon surface.
If you have any leftover bacon (is that a thing??), store it in an air-tight container in the fridge, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the bacon in the air fryer, but get ready for the most insanely crispy bacon of your life. Just place it in the basket and air fry at 360°F/ 180°C for 3-5 minutes until hot and sizzling.
How to cook bacon in an air fryer.
- 4 rashers bacon
- Light olive oil (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C.
- Place bacon in air fryer basket in a single layer. If your air fryer is prone to food sticking give it a quick brush or spritz with oil first.
- Air fry bacon at 360°F/ 180°C for 10 minutes.
- If crisper bacon is required, cook for additional 1-2 minutes as needed.
- If you are making more than one batch be sure to drain the bacon grease between batches as the air fryer can start to produce smoke if the oil starts to build up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 678mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus
- Air fryer pork chops
- Air fryer ham steak
- Air fryer steak
- Air fryer pork roast
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!