Air fryer frozen eggs rolls or frozen spring rolls are the perfect snack or appetizer. Quick to prepare, deliciously crispy, and a healthier alternative to the deep fried version!
How to cook frozen egg rolls in an air fryer
Quick and easy and very simple to cook, frozen egg (or spring) rolls cooked in an air fryer are one of my favorite snacks and also make a great appetizer or party finger foods which is ready in just minutes. I always have a pack or two in the freezer in case of an appetizer emergency.
Air frying is so great for this type of snack because the hot air gets the egg roll wrappers really crispy without needing loads of extra oil. You will also get great results if you air fry homemade egg rolls.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 390F/180C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I usually preheat mine when air frying frozen snacks (even though my brand doesn’t require preheating), because the cooking time is short so you don’t want to use up 2-3 minutes of that with the air fryer not up to temperature.
- Step 2: Place the frozen egg rolls or spring rolls in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. It doesnt matter if they are slightly touching, but try not to jam them in there as the hot air needs to be able to circulate all around them to get them really crispy. An overcrowded basket can lead to unevenly cooked rolls. No oil spray is needed, but if you want extra crispy egg rolls, you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Step 3: Air fry egg rolls for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Some air fryer brands require food to be flipped during cooking (if you are unsure check your manual), and flip the egg rolls halfway through the cooking time if needed. If you are cooking mini egg rolls then halve the cooking time.
- Step 4: Serve with sauce for dipping. I like sweet chili or plain soy sauce, but any Chinese dipping sauces will be great, try: sweet and sour sauce, Hoisin duck sauce, plum sauce, garlic chili sauce are also great with egg rolls and spring rolls.
FAQs & Tips
These two Asian snacks are very similar, however the main difference is that the wrapper of egg rolls is made using eggs in the dough. This makes a thicker crunchier wrapper which turns wonderfully crisp and bubbly when fried. When you are dealing with pre-made frozen version, the cook method for egg rolls and spring rolls is the same.
No, like most frozen foods egg rolls and spring rolls are best cooked from frozen. Defrosting can lead to soggy food. The exception to this is if the pack instructions for the brand of rolls you are using says to defrost them first then it is best to follow that.
Air fryers get up to temperature very quickly and so it is often not required to preheat them. However, I have found that if I am cooking something with a relatively short cooking time (around 10 minutes or less) then I definitely get better results if I preheat my air fryer first.
Air fryer frozen egg rolls recipe card
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls (or Spring Rolls)
How to cook frozen egg rolls (or frozen spring rolls) in an air fryer.
- 6 frozen egg rolls
- Dipping sauce of your choice.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen egg rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry eggs rolls for 10-12 minutes, flip egg rolls halfway through cooking time if required [Note 1].
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Some air fryer brands require food to be flipped during cooking, check your manual if you are unsure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like: