Air fryer chicken patties are quick and easy to make. Serve them with or without burger buns, add a salad and or fries for a healthy and tasty dinner.
How to Cook Chicken Patties in an Air Fryer
Air frying is a great way to cook chicken patties, and actually most types of chicken – see my collection of air fryer chicken recipes here. They are a healthy alternative to hamburgers, and a breeze to cook in the air fryer.
This recipe is for homemade chicken patties. If you want to cook frozen chicken patties, check out my post on cooking frozen chicken patties in the air fryer.
Making Homemade Chicken Patties
You don’t need many ingredients, and can actually use any seasoning you like with the basic recipe.
The basic ingredients are:
- Chicken mince (or for a variation you could use turkey mince)
- Egg, to bind the patty together
- Breadcrumbs – to add texture and form
- Salt and seasoning – to make the flavor really zing
You can add any seasoning you like, some favorites at my place include:
- Cajun seasoning
- Herbs de Provence
- Jerk seasoning
- Garlic and ginger
- Sweet chili and cilantro
Be sure to add a big pinch of salt along with whatever seasoning you choose.
How Long to Air Fry Chicken Patties
The length of time that you will need to air fry the chicken patties depends on how thick you make them, and how efficient your air fryer is.
If you make the patties around 1/2 an inch thick, then I would expect them to take around 10-12 minutes to cook. Start checking after 10 minutes to see if they are cooked.
Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165°F to be cooked correctly. there should be no pink remaining in the center. If you are unsure it is best to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
What to Serve Chicken Patties with
I usually serve air fried chicken patties as a classic chicken burger in a bun, but they are very versatile and you can serve them many different ways. You could try:
- A classic chicken burger in a bun – try topping with bacon avocado and mayo, or slaw and bbq sauce
- Bun-less chicken patties with a salad and/or fries
- Cut patties into pieces or in a wrap with humus and salad.
Air Fryer Chicken Patty Recipe
How to cook chicken patties in an air fryer.
- ½ lb chicken mince
- 2 tsp seasoning of your choice
- ½ cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil spray
Make the Chicken Patties
- Place chicken mince, seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Shape the chicken mixture into 2 evenly sized patties.
Air Fry the Chicken Patties
- Spray air fryer basket with oil to help prevent sticking.
- Add patties to air fryer basket. Ensure they are not touching.
- Cook chicken patties in air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through (exact time depends on power and efficiency of your air fryer).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 1986mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
You may also like: