Try this recipe for air fryer grilled pineapple the next time you want a side dish with a difference. Grilling pineapple in your air fryer is quick and easy, and makes a great side for ham or pork, or can be served with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Grilled pineapple is a sweet and juicy dish that can be enjoyed as a dessert (with ice-cream!) or served as a side dish for savory dishes, like pork chops, ham steaks or pork roast.
It has a sweet cinnamon glaze, making it perfect for the holidays (or any time of the year actually). And it is quick and easy to cook in your air fryer, with no need to mess around with pans of oil!
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer pineapple recipe, or read on for all the details.
Pineapple. The recipe below uses pineapple rings from a can, but you can use pineapple chunks, or spears, canned or fresh.
Brown sugar. To sweeten the pineapple and help it to caramelize. You can substitute granulated sugar or coconut sugar if you prefer.
Cinnamon. I like to add a little cinnamon for extra flavor, though this is also optional, and you can swap it for any other spice you like with pineapple. Try adding a little cayenne pepper for a flavor explosion!
Melted butter. This helps the pineapple to brown and crisp up at the edges, and adds flavor. You can substitute cooking oil if you prefer, or if you want to make a vegan version. Choose a cooking oil with a mild flavor and a high smoke point, like light olive oil, avocado oil, or vegetable oil.
How to make the BEST grilled pineapple in your air fryer.
- If using canned pineapple, drain it well and pat it dry. A little juice will help with the caramelization, but too much juice will lead to the pineapple being soggy once cooked.
- Make the cinnamon glaze by melting the butter (~30 seconds in the microwave), and stiring in the brown sugar and spice.
- Brush the glaze onto the pineapple before air frying for the first 5 minutes.
- Then brush the pineapple with the glaze again, flip it over and brush the other side too.
- Then air fry the pineapple for 8-10 minutes until it is tender, golden brown and starting to caramelize at the edges.
Air Fryer Pineapple
How to grill pineapple in an air fryer.
- 8 slices of pineapple [Note 1]
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter [Note 2]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Pat the pineapple slices dry, and spread on a plate.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Brush each side of the pineapple with the butter-spice mixture.
- Place the pineapple into the air fryer basket, try to ensure that the pieces are not touching.
- Air fry pineapple for 5 minutes, then glaze it again with the butter mixture, flip it over and glaze the other side.
- Air fry pineapple for an additional 8-10 minutes until it is tender and caramelized at the edges.
- You can use pineapple rings, spears or chunks, canned or fresh.
- Or substitute vegetable oil, light olive oil, or avocado oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer ham
- Air fryer pork roast
- Air fryer ham steak
- Instant Pot boneless ham
- Air fryer pears
- Air fryer baked apples
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!