Reheat pork chops in an air fryer, for a convenient way to heat them up, without drying them out. The pork chops will be hot and crispy, and perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Why you will love reheating pork chops in the air fryer
Pork chops are a tasty and tender dish when they are freshly cooked, but if you have ever tried reheating them, you will know that the results are often not as good as when they were first cooked.
Reheating leftover pork chops can be a bit tricky, as you want to avoid overcooking the meat and making it dry and tough. One quick and easy method to reheat pork chops is to use an air fryer, which can help to restore the crispy exterior and juicy interior of the meat.
Air frying is also a great way to cook pork from fresh, it is really quick and easy compared to shallow frying or grilling. Check out my recipes for air fryer pork chops, air fryer pork steaks, and air fryer pork schnitzel for some tasty options.
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for how to reheat pork chops in an air fryer, or read on for all the details!
What do you need?
Leftover cooked pork chops: You are going to get the best results with a thick cut pork chop. This is because the leftover chop will have time to warm through in the air fryer before getting completely overcooked.
You can use this method to reheat breaded pork chops, boneless pork chops, or bone in pork chops.
Olive oil: A quick spray or a light brush of olive oil will help get the best results when reheating chops in an air fryer.
When choosing an olive oil spray for your air fryer, look for the type that spritzes rather than an aerosol. The propellant in aerosol oil sprays can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
How to reheat pork chops in your air fryer
- Remove leftover pork chop from the refrigerator and pat dry. Give it a light spray or brush with olive oil. You can add some extra seasoning at this point if you like.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minutes. This is important as you want the air fryer to be HOT when you place place the pork chop in, to prevent them from becoming dried out.
- Place leftover pork chop in the air fryer basket. If you are reheating more than one then place them in a single layer, and ensure they are not touching. Reheat in batches if necessary.
- Reheat pork chop in air fryer for 2-3 minute intervals at 380°F/ 190°C. After each interval, check the internal temperature, flip the chops over, and continue reheating until they reach at least 165°F/ 74°C in the center of the thickest part.
If you will be reheating more than one batch of chops in your air fryer, reheat ones that are a similar thickness together. Chop thickness is the main factor that affects how long they take to reheat, so this will help to prevent some chops becoming overcooked before others have warmed through.
Storage and (re)reheating
It is not recommended to reheat pork chops more than once, as they can start to get really dry, so only reheat what you are going to eat at the time.
If you did reheat too many pork chops, then store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 2 days, and eat cold for a snack.
How to reheat pork chops in the air fryer. cooked
- Leftover cooked pork chops
- Olive oil
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator and pat dry. Give the chops a light spray or brush with olive oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minutes.
- Place chops in the air fryer basket, ensure they are not touching [Note 1].
- Air fry leftover pork chops at 380°F/ 190°C for 2-3 minute intervals. After each
interval, check the internal temperature, flip the chops over, and continue reheating until the chops reach at least 165°F/ 74°C in the center of the thickest part [Note 2].
- Cook chops in batches if necessary. Reheat leftover chops of a similar thickness together.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 40g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.