This air fryer chicken thigh recipe is my go-to for an easy week night dinner. They are full of flavor, and also gluten-free, paleo and keto. Team them with some fries and/or a salad for a dinner that will be approved by the whole family.
Air frying chicken thighs is a great way to cook them, you can grill or roast them by varying the mount of oil used (a light brush of oil for grilling, or use more for roasting). They make a great mid week dinner, so flavorful, so easy to cook, and good value.
How to prepare air fryer chicken thighs
I usually buy boneless skinless chicken thighs for air frying, but you can also use skin-on if you want more traditional roasted chicken thighs with crispy skin.
Pat the chicken thighs dry, drizzle with a little cooking oil, then add the seasoning and flip the chicken thighs over to ensure they are coated with the seasoning on all sides.
For seasoning, I often use store-bought chicken spices [affiliate link], but you can easily make your own. Try using salt, ground pepper, paprika, and ground cumin for a simple homemade mix. Or try rosemary, thyme and a little salt if you want traditional style roasted chicken thighs.
Air fryer chicken thigh recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp chicken spices
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chicken spices, turn to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil and spice.
- Place chicken thighs in air fryer basket. Make sure they are not overlapping.
- Place basket into air fryer and air fry chicken thighs for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness), until they are cooked through.
- You can check they are cooked by cutting the thickest one open, or stick a sharp knife into the thickest part – if the juices run clear they should be cooked. If you are unsure, it is best to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
What to serve with this dish
Here are some easy side dishes that go great with these air fried chicken thighs: