Whether you’re feeding a family or looking for a quick snack, air fryer chicken nuggets are a great option. They cook up in just a few minutes, and you can have them on the table in no time. Plus, they’re a healthier option than fried chicken nuggets, but just as crispy.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, look no further than your air fryer! Frozen chicken nuggets can be cooked up in a matter of minutes in your air fryer, and they’re just as crispy and delicious as their fried counterparts.
They make a great no-hassle weeknight dinner, a quick lunch, or a hearty snack. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, and you’ll have a meal that everyone will love.
Scroll down for the printable card for cooking frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Your air fryer. I use a Philips air fryer XXL, but you can use any type of basket or oven type air fryer. Cook times will vary between air fryer models.
Frozen chicken nuggets – your brand of choice. Whether you prefer Tyson chicken nuggets, Trader Joe’s, Just Bare, or dino nuggets, you cook them in your air fryer the same way. However, the cooking times can vary a little depending on how large the nuggets are.
Cooking chicken nuggets in the air fryer is very simple, but here are a few tips to get them just right:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C before adding the chicken nuggets. Some air fryers state that they dont need preheating, but with foods that have a short cooking time (like these frozen chicken nuggets) I have found that results are usually better if you preheat first.
- Place frozen nuggets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, try to ensure they are not touching. This allows them to cook quickly and evenly.
- Air fry frozen chicken nuggets for 10-18 minutes. Be sure to shake or flip the chicken nuggets halfway through cooking if required for your air fryer.
- Check temperature to be sure they are cooked. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature in the center of a selection of the chicken nuggets. It should read 165°/ 74°C in the center.
How long to cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer
Frozen chicken nuggets take around 10-18 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
However, the exact cooking time will depend on a few factors including the size of the chicken nuggets you are cooking, and how powerful your air fryer is.
To be sure that the chicken nuggets are cooked correctly, check the internal temperature to ensure that the nuggets have reached at least 165°F/ 74°C in the center. Air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, if required, until they reach this temperature.
Serve air fried chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce. Some of our favorites are BBQ sauce, honey mustard sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or good old tomato ketchup.
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover chicken nuggets in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.
You can reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer. Place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 360°F/ 180°C for 5 minutes until they have reached 165°F/ 74°C in the center.
How to cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer.
- 10 frozen chicken nuggets
- Your dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Try to ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry chicken nuggets 10-18 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking time if required [Note 1].
- Chicken nuggets are cooked when they are golden brown and 165°F/ 74°C in the center [Note 2]. Air fry for additional 1-2 minute intervals if required.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Some air fryer brands require food to be flipped during cooking, check your manual if you are unsure.
- Check internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only. Exact values will depend on the brand of ingredients used.
You may also like:
- Air fryer frozen chicken breast
- Air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer pizza rolls
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer frozen chicken patties
- Air fryer smiley fries
- Air fryer broccoli bites
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!