Air fryer waffle fries are so quick and easy to make, and so delicious, you will never cook them any other way! As a bonus they are much healthier than the deep fried version, but are crispier than oven baked.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook waffle fries in an air fryer
Air frying is without question the best way to cook frozen waffle fries. Perfectly crispy fries in just minutes. As a bonus they are much healthier than the deep fried version, but taste way better than oven baked. Once you have tried air fried waffle fries you will never cook them any other way!
Air frying is so much quicker than oven baking. Not only do you not have to wait for the oven to heat up before you can even start cooking, but the cook time is much quicker. Also, no need to flip them all individually like you need to when cooking in the oven.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I usually preheat mine when air frying frozen fries (even though my brand doesn’t require preheating), because the cooking time is short so you don’t want to use up 2-3 minutes of that with the air fryer not up to temperature.
- Step 2: Place the frozen waffle fries in the air fryer basket. It doesn’t matter if they are piled up, but if they are they will need to be shaken during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly. No oil spray is needed, but if you want extra crispy waffle fries, you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Step 3: Air fry waffle fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries, until they are golden brown and crispy.
I usually season waffle fries with salt and black pepper, and serve with sauce for dipping. But they are also great served as loaded waffle fries – top with chili, cheese our cream and green onions.
Air Fryer Waffle Fries Recipe Card
How to cook waffle fries in an air fryer from frozen.
- 1lb frozen waffle fries
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen waffle fries in air fryer basket.
- Air fry waffle fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries.
- Waffle fries are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer frozen pizza rolls
- Air fryer French fries
- Air fryer curly fries
- Air fryer smiley fries
- Air fryer frozen foods
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!