Air fryer frozen pizza is a super quick dinner I save for days when I’m short on time and really don’t feel like cooking from scratch. Check our cooking times table below for estimated air frying times.
How to Cook Frozen Pizza in an Air Fryer
Cooking a frozen pizza in an air fryer is a great option for when you don’t have much time. The air fryer doesn’t take as long to preheat as a conventional oven would, saving precious minutes, and the cooking time is shorter too!
Preheat air fryer by turning it on for 2-3 minutes before you put the pizza in. I set mine to run while I get the pizza out of the freezer, and it has finished pre-heating by the time I am ready to cook. In general when air frying a frozen pizza, take 5-10 minutes off the cooking times stated on the pack. Use the following table to get an approximate cooking time for air fryer frozen pizzas.
|Pizza size||Pack weight||Air frying time|
|Mini pizza 6 inches||6oz||5-8 minutes|
|7 inches||7 oz||7-10 minutes|
|8-9 inches||8-9 oz||10-15 minutes|
|French bread pizza||10-12 oz||12-16 minutes|
Remember air fryers do vary, and cooking times may need adjusting. The best way to get it just right is to start with a shorter cooking time and check the pizza when the time is up, adding a few more minutes cooking time if needed.
For a crisper crust, place frozen pizza directly on air fryer tray or basket. If you prefer a slightly softer crust, place some parchment under the pizza (shiny side up).
I love to add extra toppings when I cook frozen pizza. Sometimes I add veges to balance out a meat-heavy pizza, or extra cheese (if you didn’t know, I am a cheese fiend), and I also like to add fresh basil to my pizzas after they are cooked, right before I serve them. You just can’t beat the flavor of fresh basil leaves on pizza.
- 1 frozen pizza (your brand of choice, e.g. Freschetta, DiGiorno, Amy's, Totino's)
- Extra toppings (e.g. fresh basil, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, prosciutto)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C), for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove wrappings from the frozen pizza.
- Add any extra toppings you like, ensure they are sliced thinly and do not pile them up too thickly on top of the pizza so they will be able to cook through.
- Place frozen pizza in air fryer basket or on the tray, and cook for 7-16 minutes (check cooking times table above for more accurate estimate).
- Pizza is ready when cheese is golden and starting to crisp.
- Remove from the air fryer, top with fresh basil leaves, slice and serve.
You may also like: