Air fryer frozen pizza is a super quick dinner I save for days when I’m short on time and really don’t feel like cooking from scratch. Check our cooking times table below for estimated air frying times.
How to Cook Frozen Pizza in an Air Fryer
The air fryer doesn’t take as long to preheat as a conventional oven would, saving precious minutes, and the cooking time is shorter too!
Preheat air fryer by turning it on for 2-3 minutes before you put the pizza in. I set mine to run while I get the pizza out of the freezer, and it has finished pre-heating by the time I am ready to cook.
Cooking Frozen Mini Pizza and French Bread Pizza in an Air Fryer
Air fryers are also ideal to cook frozen mini pizzas or French bread pizza, as you don’t have to wait for the oven to heat up just so you can cook a quick snack.
Air fryer cooking times for frozen mini pizzas and French bread pizza are a little different to a regular sized pizza, so check the estimated cooking times in the table below.
How Long to Air Fry Frozen Pizza
In general when air frying a frozen pizza, take 5-10 minutes off the cooking times stated on the pack. Use the following table to get an approximate cooking time for air frying frozen pizzas.
|Pizza size||Pack weight||Air frying time|
|Mini pizza 6 inches||6oz||5-8 minutes|
|7 inches||7 oz||7-10 minutes|
|8-9 inches||8-9 oz||10-15 minutes|
|French bread pizza||10-12 oz||12-16 minutes|
Remember air fryers do vary, and cooking times may need adjusting.
The best way to get it just right is to start with a shorter cooking time and check the pizza when the time is up, adding a few more minutes cooking time if needed.
I’d recommend printing off the recipe below and making a note of the perfect cooking time for the types of frozen pizza you have cooked in your air fryer. That way you have an easy reference guide for the next time!
For a crisper crust, place frozen pizza directly on air fryer tray or basket. If you prefer a slightly softer crust, place some parchment under the pizza (shiny side up).
Extra toppings anyone?
I love to add extra toppings when I cook frozen pizza. Sometimes I add veges to balance out a meat-heavy pizza, or extra cheese (if you didn’t know, I LOVE cheese).
If you want to add extra topping, slice them thinly, and place on top before you put the frozen pizza in the air fryer.
You can also add topping to the pizza after it has been cooked as a garnish. Try fresh basil or rocket leaves. These are best added to pizza after it has been cooked, right before you serve it.
How to cook frozen pizza in an air fryer
- 1 frozen pizza , (your brand of choice, e.g. Freschetta, DiGiorno, Amy's, Totino's)
- Extra toppings, (e.g. fresh basil, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, prosciutto)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C), for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove wrappings from the frozen pizza.
- Add any extra toppings you like, ensure they are sliced thinly and do not pile them up too thickly on top of the pizza so they will be able to cook through.
- Place frozen pizza in air fryer basket or on the tray, and cook for 7-16 minutes (check cooking times table above for more accurate estimate).
- Pizza is ready when cheese is golden and starting to crisp.
- Remove from the air fryer, top with fresh basil leaves, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605.7Total Fat: 27.8gSaturated Fat: 9.7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31.6mgSodium: 1010.2mgCarbohydrates: 65.6gFiber: 5gSugar: 8.1gProtein: 23.4g
You may also like:
- Home made air fried pizza logs
- Air fryer pizza
- How to reheat pizza on an air fryer
- Air fryer pizza toast
- Air fried Totino’s pizza rolls
- Air fryer recipes
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category!