Air fryer frozen pizza is a super quick dinner I save for days when I’m short on time and really don’t feel like cooking from scratch. Check our cooking times table below for estimated air frying times.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Cooking frozen pizza in the air fryer
Cooking a frozen pizza in an air fryer is a great option for when you don’t have much time. The air fryer doesn’t take as long to preheat as a conventional oven would, saving precious minutes, and the cooking time is shorter too!
Cooking frozen mini pizza and French bread pizza in an air fryer
Air fryers are also ideal to cook frozen mini pizzas or French bread pizza, as you don’t have to wait for the oven to heat up just so you can cook a quick snack. Air fryer cooking times for frozen mini pizzas and French bread pizza are a little different to a regular sized pizza, so check the estimated cooking times in the table below.
If you have other frozen foods you would like to cook in an air fryer, try using my air fryer conversion calculator to work out the cooking time and temperature needed.
How to Cook Frozen Pizza in an Air Fryer
Preheating the air fryer
Preheat air fryer by turning it on for 2-3 minutes before you put the pizza in. I set mine to run while I get the pizza out of the freezer, and it has finished pre-heating by the time I am ready to cook.
How long to air fry frozen pizza
In general when air frying a frozen pizza, you need to reduce the cooking time stated on the pack by a few minutes. Use the following table to get an approximate cooking time for air frying frozen pizzas.
|Pizza size||Pack weight||Air frying time|
|Mini pizza 6 inches||6oz||5-8 minutes|
|7 inches||7 oz||7-10 minutes|
|8-9 inches||8-9 oz||10-15 minutes|
|French bread pizza||10-12 oz||12-16 minutes|
|Deep dish pizza||+ 2 minutes to cooking time|
Remember air fryers do vary, and cooking times may need adjusting. The best way to get it just right is to start with a shorter cooking time, adding a few more minutes cooking time if needed. Check on the pizza regularly during cooking to ensure it does not become overcooked.
I’d recommend printing off the recipe below and making a note of the perfect cooking time for the types of frozen pizza you have cooked in your air fryer. That way you have an easy reference guide for the next time!
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 390°F/ 200°C. Not required for all air fryers, but I have found I get better results when cooking with a preheated air fryer.
- Step 2: Remove pizza from plastic wrapping and add extra toppings. I love to jazz up frozen pizza by adding my own toppings. Sometimes I add veges to balance out a meat-heavy pizza, or extra cheese. If you want to add extra toppings, slice them thinly, and place on top before you put the frozen pizza in the air fryer.
- Step 3: Place frozen pizza in the air fryer. For a crisper crust, place frozen pizza directly on air fryer tray or basket. If you prefer a slightly softer crust, place some parchment under the pizza (shiny side up).
- Step 4: Air fry frozen pizza. Air fry for 7-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and starting to crisp.
Once the pizza is cooked you can also add fresh garnish to it, like fresh basil or rocket leaves. These are best added to pizza after it has been cooked right before you serve it.
Scroll down to the recipe card for this air fryer frozen pizza!
FAQs & Tips
Yes you sure can! It is actually one of the best ways to reheat leftover pizza. See this post for all the details: How to reheat leftover pizza in an air fryer.
Yes, it is always best to cook frozen pizza from frozen. Do not defrost it first (unless the packet instruction specifically states that you should) or you will end up with soggy pizza.
Yes you can, though because it is basically crustless it is probably best to place it on a baking tray or piece of parchment during cooking to prevent it from dropping cheese all over your air fryer. (btw, air fryer Totino’s pizza rolls are the actual best).
How to cook frozen pizza in an air fryer
- 1 frozen pizza , (your brand of choice, e.g. Freschetta, DiGiorno, Amy's, Totino's)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C), for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove wrappings from the frozen pizza.
- Add any extra toppings you like, ensure they are sliced thinly and do not pile them up too thickly on top of the pizza so they will be able to cook through.
- Place frozen pizza in the air fryer basket or on the tray, and cook for 7-16 minutes. Check on pizza regularly to ensure it is not becoming overcooked.
- Pizza is ready when cheese is golden and starting to crisp.
- Remove from the air fryer, top with fresh basil leaves, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605.7Total Fat: 27.8gSaturated Fat: 9.7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31.6mgSodium: 1010.2mgCarbohydrates: 65.6gFiber: 5gSugar: 8.1gProtein: 23.4g
You may also like:
- How to reheat pizza in an air fryer
- Air fryer pizza toast
- Home made air fried pizza logs
- Air fryer frozen foods
- Air fryer recipes
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!